Friday, November 20, 2009

JEANNE-CLAUDE | THE GATES | 1935-2009



I remember flying to New York from Atlanta on Valentines Day 2005 and walking through Central Park with my lover and marvelling at these amazing structures. I did not quite understand the concept, well I was walking outside in the cold and rain, but upon arrival in Atlanta I carefully researched and took a liking to them. I was devastated to hear of the lost of yet another artist this year; seems like every time I turn around another artist has passed. I received the following email update from TIME: Looking Around:

We got news this morning of the death of Jeanne-Claude, the artist and creative partner of Christo. They are of course the husband-and-wife team who wrapped the Reichstag in Berlin, ran a vast curtain fence for miles across the northern California landscape and created the completely enchanting New York City project called The Gates. She died yesterday of complications due to a ruptured brain aneurysm. She was 74.

For more, click HERE.

No comments: