Friday, March 13, 2009

The Art of LA PRAIRIE-Midnight Rain



Last night I was visiting my next door neighbor for our series of weekly dinners and I asked her if she had purchased the La Prairie fragrance. Her reply was yes but had forgotten where she had placed the purchase. Upon remembering she retrieves it and allowed me to open the box. Well, to my surprise, I opened the box and was found holding the most exquisite piece of artwork I had ever laid eyes on. The fragrance itself is gorgeous olfactory sensation boasting of delicious florals, sensual woods and an array of other notes that blend to form a sensation of richness and opulence. But the real attention is given to the bottle design. It is shaped like a sharp teardrop in jet black drizzled with iridescent sprinkles of morning dew that one finds on a spring morning. This piece of art deserves to be placed in the Musee des Arts Decoratifs but for now it will serve on my bureau. This hot piece of ass retails for $135USD and can be found at La Prairie, Saks, Bloomingdales so make sure you pick it up if not for the scent then for the art of it all.

No comments: