Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Artist You Should Know: Earl Patrick



In 1989, my heart and spirit were touched with an inspiration to create art. It provided a channel, as well as an obligation, for me to vividly communicate to the world and open new ways for a better understanding. A self-taught artist who spent 25 years of my life preparing for the American dream and the next 17 years redefining it. I pay homage with my ideas and labor to all of my spirits. To all of the people who have passed through me and made me the person I am and will be. I respect where I come from, where I have been and where I am to go.

The artwork is a conjunction of found objects. I work mostly with collage and decoupage. The artwork moves into the large arena of combining various isms and disciplines weaving history, social, cultural studies and literature into a blend of instinctive spontaneous creations of art.

PICURES:
(clock-wise from top left)

"Storefront Church"
Acrylic, oil pastels, found objects, paper and ink cut-out drawings decoupage on wooden vegetable crate ends, 9.5 x 12 in.

The artist, Patrick Earl.

"Johnnie-Earl"
Collage of fabrics, acrylic, paper collage, lipstick decoupage on wood

"Joseph's Coat of Many Colors"
Acrylic, collage of shirting fabric on canvas 12 x 24 inches

Source: Bleu Mag

No comments: